Monday, May 15, 2017

Tickled Pink to be at Pink Shell Yacht and Beach Club

Mother's Day, May 14, 2017

Knew something was up the minute mom got the beach wagon out and started putting stuff in it...It seems like that went on for days??? I guess it didn't! It was just that our condo was such a mess from all Shane's stuff everywhere, as he remodeled our master bathroom...I couldn't even get near the room to drink out of the toilet...I was most unhappy, but mom was making lots of happy sounds...when I could hear them...
Since it appears to be Mother's Day Weekend, she got these yummy smelling flowers and chocolate from Katie, Mike, ElleBelle and Calibear. She let me smell the flowers; but wouldn't share her chocolate...How Rude!!! I wasn't really too upset since she was cleaning out the refrigerator and I got a number of delicious leftovers added to my meals...Scrumptious!!!

They got up early this morning and finished packing after my morning constitutional and breakfast...I'm never happy about the packing and boat loading; but once we are off, I get my groove on...
Lily's first selfie with mom for Mother's Day

We spent most of the cruise just getting around Pine Island...it's so crazy how close all these barrier  islands are to one another by nautical miles...by car it takes a lot of time!
Useppa is across from Cabbage Key on one side, Pine Island on the other: Cabbage Key is across from Cayo Costa and a part of Captiva Island too. Sanibel is across from St James City on Pine Island and Ft Myers and so it goes...

St Jame's City on Pine Island
Electric Lines crossing over to Sanibel Island

Sanibel Island 
We weren't close enough to photograph the Charlotte Harbor Pine Island Fish Houses this time but mom found this bit of information about them:
http://pineisland.info/index/nautical/hish-huts-history-and-today/historic-fishing-shacks-of-bygone-days-fort-myers-news-press-article/
Dad was piloting, parts of this trip get a bit dicey in the ICW
We were surprised we didn't see many of the early Tarpon fishermen out here by Boca Grande
One of the tiny houses on Cabbage Key?

 Look at all the people in the water with their boats anchored right there

As gorgeous a day as it was to be out on the water, we only spotted about 4 dolphins and none of them wanted to play with our boat...Maybe they get too hot too...or since it was Mother's Day they had to stay close to their mom? Mom shared her breakfast apple and lunch with me so that made me happy enough to get my nap in...



The water colors in Charlotte Harbor and ICW were like blues and green sea glass...so radiant, but yet soft...Obviously, the waters are warm because we saw lots of people in them at Sanibel and Ft Myers Beach.





                           Loved this greeting from the pirate ship as we pulled into Pink Shell

Arrived at Pink Shell at Ft Myer's Beach  http://www.pinkshell.com around mid afternoon...I was thrilled to see they had really nice, green grass for me to use and Craig, the dock master had treats for me when mom and I checked in. What a fantastic place with so many amenities, a spa, pool, beach chairs and towels...I'm not sure how many I'll get to use; but as long as mom and dad are close by and my belly is full...I'm a happy boater!

Mom and dad came back from "Jack's Farm to Table Restaurant," telling me that we can all go to the beach tomorrow as long as I'm on a leash. Awesome!!! They claimed the view, service and food were terrific, but brought no evidence for me to decide...Really??? We were all so tired that after talking to Bek for a bit and looking at photos and videos of our CA kids and granddaughter ElleBelle we went to sleep early...
Thought this soup presentation of our "Corn with Poblano Creme and Scallions" at "Jack's Food to Fork" was so pretty! 
Mom bought me this cooling mat that she put on the bed by her feet and I have to admit I was a bed hog...stretching myself out on that with my own fan pointed at me. I was NOT pleased when she shoved me with her feet...Gosh!

Even I know these directions aren't right but I have no idea about distances either
For My Canadian Friends... 
Moondance is hidden behind the other tall cruiser
Monday, May 15th

Today dawned beautifully, she and I saw lots of herons and egrets on my morning walk. After they feed me and had a cup of Joe, they are going to take a trolley down to a breakfast place later. They ended up at "Tuckaway Bagel and Wafel" and returned to clean the salt off the boat before heading to the beach...so much for cooler weather??? Mom told dad they would bring me for sunset since it was in the low 90's at noon.

Had to post this one for our Looper buddies Kevin and Steve...we never had bananas on the boat, while they couldn't live without them...good thing they aren't fishermen!
Wish this photo took better...each outside hallway was painted with a different mural...quite the accumulated artistic statement 
Just one of the many colorful establishments along Estero Blvd at Ft Myer's Beach

Tuckaway Bagel and Wafel...YUMMY!!!
Our division of labor, dad navigates and mom does Uber or Trolley Tours 
A picture postcard day at Ft Myer's Beach
Lily's job while we work, staying out of the way and close to the fan...DAAHHH! 
The Pink Shell pool with a waterfall that felt like a deep tissue massage, if you were willing to stand under it...OH YEAH!
All the scenery was lovely... 
Mom's libation for the afternoon...
The Beach looked wonderful~

I enjoyed a long nap while they enjoyed the pool...evidently it was so luxurious there with cabana girls to bring your drinks and food...they didn't make it to the beach. I loved it because they came back to eat with me tonight before walking me over to watch the sunset. It was fun observing wedding photos of newlyweds on the beach...and so many people came up to pet and fuss over me...but then I deserve it!
Dad and mom are a bit worried about the tornado spotted at the Punta Gorda airport and the look of storms all around us...we need the rain so it's a mixed blessing...We are off to Marco Island Yacht Club tomorrow and visiting with Micky and Sara and Jack and Tara for the next couple of days...




 A man and his dog

 Part of the dramatic storms building up behind us


                         Another wonderful day in retirement..."Day is done, gone the sun..."










No comments:

Post a Comment