Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Forward Leap

WOW!!! What a morning!!! Mom and dad got up early and were scurrying around without even getting me any breakfast! We left with all this stuff piled up in that silly blue wagon of theirs. Next thing I know, they were making me get on that big old boat again. UGH!!! Before I knew it a bunch of our friends showed up to help us...that is after some of them had already assisted us solving problems the day before...Don & Lori Williams, Denis & Kathy Fry, Pat & Loren Boudreau. As I'm trying to figure out where to go...more came to give us hugs, kisses, pats, words of encouragement (Do we need them??? Should I be worried?) and goodies...Barbara & Bill Walsh, Carla & Greg Matviak, Jan & North Shetter, Jane & Jack Sain, Jo & Tom Lapinski. It was quite a little crowd!!! 
I loved all the attention because I just knew they were all there to see ME!

I was less than impressed when we left and our building and then the marina kept getting smaller. It was a choppy beginning across Charlotte Harbor. I was slipping and sliding...NOT FUN! I gave mom such a look!!! She got it and went below to bring up this long pink, foamy mat and a furry rug for me to walk on! MUCH BETTER!


Dad said to tell you that mom navigated us through the "Miserable Mile" outside of Ft. Myers. Course he was hanging by her side...helping with all the markers if she needed it! 

Thankfully, the trip after that was fairly short. I did like seeing the dolphins, sailboats and those hot young things sunbathing on top of the fast boat decks. We ended up at this fancy place, St. Charles Yacht Club in Ft. Myers, FL. I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I was to see this fantastic green grass! HEAVEN!  Dad was able to get his speedometer fixed but a diver that happened to be there... PERFECT! 
It seems we no sooner got there, then some OH friends showed up, Robin and Greg Beane. By then mom had fed me a yummy dinner and my belly was full, so I was ready for a nap! They left and came back smelling very interesting...they were talking about seeing a newborn, Cole Gregory Crosby. Mom couldn't stop talking about what a cutie he is and how great Jessi looked! I even got to see the new poppa, Marshall! 



Out in the harbor...too amusing!!!



The Beanes and Crosby's with little Cole



No comments:

Post a Comment