Friday, April 29, 2016

Free at Last...

We all needed some fresh veggies on Wedsneday, so mom and dad rode their bikes to the nearest Publix about 3 miles away. They told me that Cocoa and Rockledge next door had some fantastic old Florida homes facing the Indian River. They were able to ride their bikes down a tiny road that paralleled the river. Lots of tourists in town so M & D are hangin with me on the boat. 
After lunch they decided to polish all the inside wood. Are they trying to kill me? I would leave one space to get away from the smell and then, they would run me out of it! GEEZ!!! How shiny does this boat have to be? Then to add insult to injury, they are going for “dock tails” on another Looper’s boat and leaving me behind… 

They came back smelling like another dog! How could they?! They were excited to have more information about the Loop from Janet & Bob on Harmony. So much to know…it gives me a headache! 

They took me with them to breakfast at Ossorio Thursday AM…YUM! Mom is always a soft touch!!! Another day hanging out on the boat hoping to get our Dingy fixed…Tomorrow for sure?! More little stuff accomplished on Moondance. 
Met more loopers who live on Merritt Island across the causeway; Jim & Ann O’Malley on Wild Goose, a 43’ older DeFever…more Dock tails and more advice!!! My head is spinning!!!


Finally, Randy showed up today with our carburetors fixed for our dingy! We are free to go!!! YEAH!!! Free at last! Daytona, here we come…

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an exciting trip and we are enjoying keeping up with you. C&S

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/2016/04/29/great-loop/83659330/
    For anyone interested here is an excellent article about the Great Loop
    Deb, Lily's mom

    ReplyDelete