Monday, May 2, 2016

Having Fun at Halifax Yacht Club

After we got settled in a bit and M & D got cleaned up. They fed me dinner and then they headed to the YC for their own meal. I couldn’t figure out why they were gone so long? Then, they came back laughing about going to a ball game. Who knew? The Reds A Team is the Daytona Tortuga's. They showed me a photo of their mascot. Now, that is just plain silly! They were playing at Jackie Robinson Stadium, a block from the YC. Not only did their lights light up the night, but the fireworks afterwards were quite brilliant as well. It’s times like these I’m glad I don’t hear so well anymore! 
Mom and Dad decided to clean up the inside today…so while Mom did the laundry at the YC & on board; dad vacuumed while I was off. I was really happy to be away from all that noise!!! They took off on their bikes and left me to nap which I was happy to do!!! They came back after going for brunch at the Ultimate Omelette that had been recommended. They said it lived up to it’s reputation for being a wonderful mom & pop kind of place. 
It turns out we are in the middle of the original 1870’s settlement area in Daytona Beach. There are some lovely old surviving homes and a pretty old downtown complete with parks, gardens, a new entertainment center and the old 1914 stadium that has undergone major updates throughout the years but still has it’s rustic charm.
After resting up from their bike ride, they decided it was time for me to go for a ride in our dingy. So mom got me all dressed up in my life jacket which made me very anxious! Then, dad told mom to take me back inside because he couldn’t get the pins to release on the lift!!! HE ISN’T HAPPY RIGHT NOW, SO WE ARE STAYING OUT OF HIS WAY! He fixed the one cord but is still struggling…
Dad asked for Mom’s assistance and after much effort…including some serious scrapes incurred when dad went overboard to look at the lift closer. He got it working! We came to the conclusion that if the dingy isn’t properly balanced on the lift, it throws the releases off balance making them nearly impossible to release. UGH!!! 

They left me home and took a bit of a dingy ride…I was fine with that!!! Leaving tomorrow if all goes as planned…












                                                     Downtown Daytona along Beach St






4 comments:

  1. yacht inspections in dubai : accredited yacht inspectors now available in dubai .. For any yacht surveys reach us @ 00971501889614

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate the kind of topics post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day! Well If You Want Yachts Then Kindly Visit This Link: Yachts For Sale

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very long time and making sure they function for that duration involves repairs, replacements and tweaks. Yacht Repairs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fantastic posting! Lots of useful information and inspiration, both of which we all need!Relay appreciate your work. lidoisleyachtclub

    ReplyDelete