Saturday, May 7, 2016

Provisioning and Relaxing

So I have to say I haven’t been much help today…I was most happy to sleep in with mom this AM…and, I’m still not using my fake grass or pads!!! I discovered I’m not alone…My twin Springer sister who is even my age is on another Mainship docked here. They said they are having the same issues with her. WE can be a VERY stubborn breed despite our intelligence! Mom and dad left me this AM to go get groceries which meant a cab ride. The groceries were too far away for a bike ride and they needed too much stuff. Hopefully the next time we need this much, we can depend on the kindness of friends in the area or a AGLCA host or hostess. Stan of Affordable Taxi was quite the Man! We learned that the two big plants we see around us are paper plants and the one large facility in the distance is the King’s Bay Submarine Base. There is also a large shrimping fleet here.  
Docking here is a bit tricky without help. Tomorrow we will find out how they do a “Flip Around” which means turning the boat around using our lines??? Can’t wait to see this one?! I’ll be watching from the fly bridge where mom and dad tie me until we are under way; otherwise, I have a tendency to be under foot. 
I wanted to be sure to tell Moya, that her wonderful quilt bag she made for dads quilt has become a very handy dirty clothes bag on this trip. So once again, Thanks!!! 


In between walking me, they have been off riding their bikes and seeing more of this charming town. It’s far enough off the Gulf Stream to be more protected from hurricanes. So, they have been able to retain more of the old homes and structures than other places we have been so far… Can’t believe they haven’t shot any old movies here…there are so many gorgeous Victorian homes of all types in the downtown area. M & D ate at the Crab Trap which was in an old 1877 brick building that has gone thought various owners and businesses but is still going strong! Seafood was delicious and incredibly reasonable, I’ll get to try the fish tomorrow! YUM!!! (We were told next time to try the Salty Pelican.)  I attracted quite a bit of attention on our walk around the docks and downtown after dinner. I insisted on carrying my flying green dinosaur. I was looking good in my pink bow neck scarf & new hot pink harness!!! SWEET!!! They tell me we are off to St. Simon’s Island tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment