Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Rain, Rain Go Away!

I hate when they wake me up early and we are off and moving before I even have my breakfast! The sun was barely up for goodness sakes! M & D said we have a long day to Charlestown with lots of shallows, shoals and such…so they wanted an early start. 

Our first really crappy day…It started raining and didn’t stop until about 8 PM. I’m not giving Charlestown City Marina a Paws UP! 
Mom and I walked for over a 1/2 mile in the rain, not to find grass on land even! How crappy is that? We eventually made it back to our boat…ssIt was almost embarrassing…like we are the servants’ boat for these Mega Yachts…
They put us on the Mega Dock/transient area…It’s overwhelming!!! All I have got to say is there is a lot of 1 per centers out there! 
It was raining so hard that we just said screw it we will eat in…which I love since I get my food and extra goodies from them! 
Just went out for my nightly walk with dad. All the young people crewing these Mega Yachts are just heading out now at 8:30. Thankfully, we will have a shorter day tomorrow as we head to Georgetown…It looks like we might hit showers again but once we are underway we don’t care so much! 

I hate repeating myself but there is so much marshland with very few houses between Beaufort and Charlestown it’s shocking! Not to mention the rudeness of some of the bigger boat owners it’s ridiculous! They need to get a life!

Add caption
Some type of Naval Ship Yard
Our fellow dockees...
Watching the storm catching up with us
Mike figuring out the route and navigating the shallow areas



Finding ways to dry thing 

No comments:

Post a Comment