Sunday, May 15, 2016

Scooting Around on Sovereign

 Since it was a warm morning, Mom washed me on the fantail. When we were finished we went up to the laundry to do a load of wash…Not my favorite morning so far! 

Thankfully, they left in the afternoon and let me sleep in peace. They came back laughing about “We don’t need NO STINKIN CAR!” Their dingy ride took them over 19 miles round trip. They went to Harbor Town on the other end of the island. They stayed long enough to get a ice cream cone, walk around the shops a bit and head back. Dad said he had Sovereign up to 29 miles for awhile to blow it out…So happy, I missed that trip!!! They seemed to really enjoy it!!! We still have little fresh water here at this marina, so we are taking quick showers and trying to conserve as much as we can. M & D are really frustrated because that is part of why they are paying the big bucks!!! Dad is on cooking duty tonight. He can’t get into too much trouble since we are having leftovers…I personally love leftovers!!!

Oh Crap!!! Mom decided to try out her grooming skills on me…I’m not impressed by her efforts, but the good news is she didn’t cut me!…the bad news is I look like I have been groomed by a blind person!!! Oh Well! It’s only fur; it will grow out… 
Mom and Dad were talking about Katie and Mike’s baby shower today…they are sad that they can’t be two places at once... I'm sure they had a great time with family & friends and got lots of terrific goodies!!!

M & D weren’t having their best Saturday morning…Mom accidentally dropped our beach wagon over the side…no retrieving it this time…It’s about 20 feet deep below us. While dad was struggling with the forward head…after any awful mess, finally got us pumped out!!! UGH! Thankfully, situation corrected! 

Pat and Rodney picked up M & D and took them to lunch at Poseidon in a new HH complex…fantastic food!…”I’m told. NO leftovers for me to decide quality!!!” They took mom and dad to Sam’s Club to replace our wagon, & get a few other needed items…water and beer. 

M & D got to see Pat and Rodney’s new condo…it’s in the middle of their remodel…Wonderful unit if anyone wants a two bedroom, two bath rental here in Hilton Head very close to the beach and lots of fun places!!!…It will be ready this summer!!! 
Finally, they came back to the boat and I got my dinner and some loving…

Couldn’t believe they left me again…This time to go to dinner in Bluffton…cute town they said!!! They went to Salt Marsh microbrewery first followed by dinner at Bluffton Diner…
Great Day with Great Friends!!! This time they returned with goodies…OH my Gosh!!! YUM…chicken, creamed spinach and peas…Boy, do I love Pat and Rodney!!! :-) 

Off to Beaufort, SC this AM…since it’s so close, we started late after a nice breakfast…another gorgeous day but windy!!! We arrived before 1 PM, so mom and I are relaxing while the Captain scrubs down the boat… 
A bit of sightseeing might be in the cards later???

Lily helping me with the laundry

Watching the boats from our laundry room vantage point

 View of Moondance from our dingy ride

Captain Mike in our Dingy at Harbor Town


A privately owned island


Another marina down Skull Creek

Some of the working boats in the marina

Can't believe they can move these large boats so far!!!

 
Beggars


           Rodney and Pat at Poseidon's Restaurant



Mike and Rod watching the golf match on TV at Salt Marsh Microbrewery

Bluffton Town Square
Salt Marsh's Beer Garden
Pat looking for a place to dine



Pat and I being ARTISTIC...Rod's in the  photo too!

       1957 Porsche that has lovingly been cared for


Mom washing me on the fantail thankfully with warm water!

Me looking PATHETIC!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment